Friday, September 29, 2017

last two days in Athens

On our way back to Athens we spent eight hours on the ferry traveling from Santorini.  The ferry made two stops, one at Paros and then Naxos before finally arriving to Athens. It was a very long ride but it was pleasant.

When we got to port we took a cab to my nieces house which was a short ride away.  My niece and her husband were the first to greet us outside, and when we got upstairs, to the 4th floor walk-up my sister was waiting for us. It was the first time in a decade since we saw each other. The last time I was in Greece was for my mother's funeral in 2007.

My sister is about 20 years older than me, and I am only two years older than my niece.  My niece had an unexpected pregnancy last year that resulted a beautiful little boy that just turned 1  on September 22.  He is such a cutie pie!!!

Well, some people thrive on arguing and thus is the situation with my sister and her daughter.  They have ALWAYS been like this but it make one uncomfortable to be around, especially when you can't escape them! LOL! And my daughter couldn't understand a word!!  But between the arguing, we had a really nice time together.

my niece and my daughter

Me and my sister

he is such a happy baby!!!

After spending a couple of days together with my niece and sister, our vacation came to an end. We flew home and it took us two days with an overnight stay in Philly after missing our connecting flight. It was all good though, we spent the remainder of the week adjusting back to our everyday lives.

Not sure when I will ever make it back to Greece but this was the ultimate mother daughter trip I will always remember.



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time and experience. Beautiful♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip of a lifetime, in which you made memories for a lifetime. Your daughter will never forget this trip. You will both hold it in a cherished place in your hearts.

    You and your daughter both have such a kind, loving light reflecting off you. It is part of your beauty, both of you.

    ReplyDelete