Monday, September 4, 2017

Greece- July 10-11

It was a long flight to Athens Greece from Texas, the trip took a total of 17 hours.. I even booked the apartment through Airbnb for July 10th forgetting that we weren't going to arrive until the 11th. The apartment we stayed in was located in the city of Glyfada, my teenage hangout, and the only place I would consider living if I ever moved back to Athens.  My daughter and I arrived and we were greeted by our wonderful host Sila. Sila explained to us that this was her family home, built in 1932.  It was two separate buildings were her family lived, and she had a loft apartment on the roof of one of the buildings.  The apartment had a separate entrance and the set of stairs were on the outside of the house. My exhaustion from the trip helped me overcome my fear of heights as I looked up the steep set of stairs.. Once we climbed up the patio was large and inviting and inside, the one bedroom apartment was cozy and beautifully decorated.

As I looked over the from the patio I saw the many coffee shops, restaurants, bakery, and right below was a cocktail lounge. On the corner was the biggest flower shop that marked my territory so  I could find my way back to the apartment when we ventured out.

We stayed a total of 4 nights in Glyfada, and we both wished we could live there. In that city. In that apartment.
.
,'

The  stairs were a bit scary at first, but I quickly got used to it and if forced me to overcome my fear of heights.







We loved Sila's home!!!




Our first dinner out! The food was amazing! The vegetables in the salad had so much flavor! The olive oil was also better tasting than any olive oil I have purchased at home. We ended up eating salad with every meal while on our trip!



2 comments:

  1. Is there anything better than traveling with our daughters? This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete