Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Greece 7/12

While we were staying in Glyfada, we were one Tram away from central Athens. When in Greece visiting the Acropolis and museum is a must.  The Tram was a 10 minute walk from the apartment and I made change to purchase the tickets for the Tram. We get on and there is nowhere to pay. It seems they are on an honor system, purchase a ticket electronically somewhere on the platform and get on the Tram. We did see a scanner on the tram but didn't see anyone scanning their tickets. When I asked a local about how to pay she yelled at me and told me that I need to get off and purchase it and get on the next Tram...... I just went to next car and sat down and took my chances of not getting caught for not paying. (We did purchase tickets on our way back)

We got off at the last stop and the Parliment was across the street with the two soldiers standing guard in the traditional uniforms. I forwarned my daughter that the pigeons at the parliament were very friendly.... as we approached the photgrapher threw bird seed at us and all the pigeons flew all over us landing on our head sholders and arms. It was the perfect poloraid picture and worth the 5 euros!

It was so hot that day that we did not wait to see the changing of the guards and headed to museum and the acropolis instead.











2 comments:

  1. You and your daughter are so beautiful. I love seeing you exploring together and having such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I hope all is better on your end of the world.

      Delete