Friday, September 1, 2017

Career change- and re-activation of my blog

I deleted my blog for about a week, then I thought about why I deleted it. Does a professional person require the person to be "untouchable"? or just about their career?  I have considered myself as a professional for my entire working life, through Arts and in the Title industry. I just never had to market myself. I realized that no matter what type of work I do, my career choice does not make me one dimensional. I am a wife, a mother, an artist and a professional career woman. So I re-activated my blog and changed my career!

I decided to re-activate my real estate license that I worked hard to get back in 1998. That year when I worked on it, by taking classes, studying, taking tests to achieve it, my kids were very young. I was in new city, alone with my husband and three kids. My husband worked out of town and was hardly home most of the time. I didn't know anyone and I didn't have any family here. It was a very difficult time for me to start a real estate career. Did you know day care requires payment on Fridays whether you have money or not,  and they won't watch your kids after 6 pm when you have an inspection appointment or a showing? After struggling for a while with, it I decided to go and work the back end of real estate at a title company, and that's where I have been for the last 16 years.  It's been a great run and I have helped thousands of people with final process of closing on their homes, buying and selling.  So I am ready to be at the beginning process again and ready for the change! By the way, I have joined the BEST real estate office in San Antonio!

So at the same time I decided that I am going to keep my blog and hope I can keep it interesting enough for my friends, family, customers and clients (those whom decide to google me and run across this) want to read it.  Today I am just going to post my professional business picture, but in my next few posts I will tell you about each of the 14 days, with pictures, about the trip that my daughter and I spent traveling Greece. I hope all my blogger friends/follwers have a great day!!!



Drita Harris, REALTOR®

2 comments: