Tuesday, December 22, 2015

sweet treat success!

I took off a few a days from my day job, using up my last vacation days to spend time with my kiddos and finish up my Christmas shopping.  I decided that the first batch of spiced roasted pecans were not going to get the better of me. So I tried again it was deliciously successful!

1 pound shelled pecans
1 egg white slightly beaten
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoons cinnamon (you can add more or less (I love cinnamon!)
a pinch of clover

preheat oven at 250 degrees
moisten the pecans in the egg white
mix the brown sugar an spices
then toss the pecans into the sugar/spice mixture covering them well.
place on foiled cookie sheet
bake in oven for 30 minutes and your done!!!

In addition to the pecans, I roasted chestnuts, and made homemade toffee covered with chocolate and walnuts.  It was sweet treats all the way around!!!
The toffee came from a two minute video off of Facebook and I couldn't resist making it!

                                         The toffee tastes like a heath bar, but better!!!!!

I hope everyone has finished their Christmas shopping and will get to spend time with their loved one! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment