Friday, December 18, 2015

Almost there

In my mind I needed a creative space NOW, so I decided that the office can double as a drawing/painting art studio. Yesterday, I started moving things around making a space for myself. I brought up an industrial shelving unit that will also be used as my drawing station. I set up my easel in the corner by the octagon window (with an unfinished painting sitting on it). The window by the way, clearly needs a stained glass panel. I hope it doesn't take me anywhere near as long as the bathroom window I created in my old house did. Which by they way, when I moved out I took the stained glass panel with me since I had only installed it in front of the actual window. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I found a perfect window in the "studio/office" to hang it in. I still have things to arrange and rearrange, but at least now I have my corner in the house to create.


                                                          (my own creative corner)


On anther note, my younger kids are both home from school, and it was nice to see my oldest son come by with a pizza and fried jalapeno's to share with his siblings. It felt good to have all three of them home just hanging out together.

Christmas is almost here and I am trying to enjoy every minute with my family. This weekend will be filled with baking cookies and Christmas movies. We have the classic's first: "It's a wonderful life", "Scrooge",  "Miracle on the 34th Street", and of course  the animated classic's " It's a Charlie Brown Christmas",  "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer", "Frosty the Snowman" and whatever else pops up.

I hope everyone out there in the blogger sphere is enjoying their holidays with loved ones.
   



No comments:

Post a Comment