Monday, July 28, 2014

It's a new day

I spent Sunday morning listing to jazz as I worked on the frame, filling, sanding and finally staining. My brother did a beautiful job building the frame with red oak.  I decided to go with a cherry wood  stain, just lightly covering the wood to enhance the color.  I was very pleased with the outcome of the piece as a whole.

While the frame was drying, and after I cleaned my studio a bit, I decided to paint.  Painting is a forgiving art form, if you don't like what is on the canvas, just paint over it. In the end, I was happy with my tiny piece of artwork, which I made into a card to go along with the stained glass panel. (remember, the panel is a gift)
By the time I was done painting, my stomach reminded my that I had skipped lunch and now it was dinner time. I really have no sense of time when I work on my art, and before I know it the day is gone,  I honestly prefer my days to go like this.

Today was the day the the art piece arrived to it's new home, and the recipients loved it, which made me the happier person!


Going to it's new home on this new day!


No comments:

Post a Comment