Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer time

I'm starting to go into my summer time, suburbia, funk mood. I miss the east coast, the boardwalk, the people and the cool Atlantic ocean.  I miss the busy streets and shops of Athens Greece, the coffee shops and summer nights filled with music.  I MISS WALKING in the busy city! I have yet to come to terms with the oppressive heat of Texas no matter how many years I have lived here. It is absolute misery for me, and yes, there are many positives, but the climate is not one of them.

When I finished writing the above rant yesterday, I saved it and went on Tumblr where I ran across a quote "you should be  thankful for at least one thing per day". At that moment I was thankful that I had air conditioning in the house. I am so glad I didn't post just that rant last night, because I am thankful of many things, all I needed to do was get myself off the couch, where I sat for the last two days.   Yes, even on the 4th, I just sat, because I couldn't decide what to do, so I decided to do nothing. Boring! Easiest way to get myself depressed.....

I look forward to Sunday's. 8am smooth jazz on the radio till noon. As usual, I turned on the radio and air condition in my studio this morning and decided to paint. Blank canvas's of colors. It felt good. I'll decide later what's going to go on them. I think I'll leave the house today.





No comments:

Post a Comment