Thursday, July 24, 2014

Treats

After almost six weeks at the framers, my fawn stained glass panel was not ready nor would it be.  They told me the panel was too big and too heavy for the type of wood framing they use.  Talk about being disappointed, I cried. I immediately called my brother, and as luck would have it he was in town. He usually is at work about three hours away.  He bought the material and finished putting together a frame for me in ONE day! He's a pretty good carpenter! Now, I just need to sand it a bit and stain it.   Then it will be ready to be delivered to it's new home.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, my youngest son picked up my newly purchased cook book by Julia Child and was baking away last night! He really does have a knack for cooking really good food!
I stayed up late waiting for the apple tart with apricot sauce to be ready. It smelled like Christmas in my house!  What a late night treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment