Friday, November 3, 2017

mish-mash of this week

It rained on Halloween.... I was dressed up and had just a few kids show up between the down pour and the sprinkle.... That's me in the middle in my Witches dress and stripped socks ( I went to a Halloween meeting with the glass guild in this picture, but I dressed up again to give candy out on Halloween night)  I still have an entire bowl of candy left even though I was giving two handfuls out to each child...



On Wednesday I went shopping on my lunch hour and I see this guy, named Adam, sitting on the ground writing out a "donation" instead of a usual "please help" sign so I stop and ask him what is he asking donations for? He shows me the most beautiful palms that he has transformed into crosses with roses and a double rose and heart. I purchased the double the double rose heart, and now I hope to run into him again so I can purchase some more for Christmas. I also gave him a set of pastels and a sketch book just in case he runs out of palms to work with.  He is so creative he can probably create some beautiful art in all different types of mediums. I hope whatever situation has put him on the streets he will recover. He has strawberry blonde hair and the brightest blue eyes, I think he is in his late 20's early 30's. I hope that if you are in the San Antonio area and run into Adam you realize his artistic talent and share a few of your dollars for a palm.  Adam is just trying to survive.




Last night my coffee pot broke......  So I went out to Walmart to buy a new one...I can't function without coffee in the morning.  So I decide to spend $100 on this Bunn coffee maker that is "made in America"  and was on sale without reading the details... I came home unpacked it, and it has one warmer switch and one main switch, no clock, no presetting's, nothing.  It does have a sticker across it that says READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.  I wasn't sure at 10 pm if I should just take it back or not. I figured I would just read the instructions and try it.  "Turn the main switch on, pour a pot of cold water in, wait 15 minutes, pour another pot of cold water in, dump the water out that has brewed in pot and keep switch on at all times unless you go on vacation" So there is reservoir of hot water at all times and the coffee brews in 3 minutes.  I was leery of "Keep IT ON" but I read the reviews and it seems a lot of people have used this coffee pot for decades.  The coffee tasted good this morning...




No comments:

Post a Comment