Monday, November 6, 2017

I was oblivious

Yesterday I was holding an open house that's for sale in a trendy neighborhood, so I had quite a few people come through to look.  The afternoon was a pleasant, sunny day, until one of the people looked down at there phone and asked me if I knew anything about the mass shooting at the church....  I didn't know anything.  I was totally oblivious to what had happened just a couple of hours before and less than an hour away from where I was.   My heart sank.  I couldn't believe that this person could just walk in and shoot everyone down like that. 

When the other shooting took place during a bible study class I was in disbelief that someone could carry out such a hateful act to a group of people that welcomed him in.    Now this gunman took it out on babies, young children, and anyone that was in the way of a bullet.  I grew up believing that a church was a sanctuary and a safe place to be. I was totally wrong all my life... 

I pray for all the families that have lost loved ones....





2 comments:

  1. So sad. I can’t even fully take it the dimensions of the loss. One family lost 8 people, three generations. So awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m praying along with you...this is heartbreaking. We need to stay strong and trust in an unchanging God in crazy changing times.

    ReplyDelete