Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A new work of art...in the works

This past week a friend of mine asked me to fire one of her glass art pieces in my kiln since it was to big for hers.  Well, it was a tad too big for my smaller kiln that has a 13" diameter (circle) shelf . If I try to put a 8"x 10" square the corners stick out over the shelf which doesn't work well when your melting glass..

So I needed to fire up my big kiln and I didn't just want to fire her piece by itself, so decided I had to quickly create a few pieces to go in with hers.   I decided to just make some templates and couldn't be happier with the out come. I used white glass with a variety of glass powders for the base. I will be adding shapes and lines to them, and if all comes out well, one of them will be donated to SaySi in the spring.  



2 comments: