Thursday, January 19, 2017

On a high

There are so many things going on in my brain right now.  I' m on this energetic high of ideas. I have a list of things I want create, a list of things to complete and new ideas to get connected with other artists.

I kept my energy going this evening by not turning on the TV. Instead I changed out of my day job clothes, pulled my capris & t-shirt on and went into the garage.  The evening was nice, I had the garage door open, music on and danced bare foot while I worked.  I am trying to  finish the Poppy series.  So far I have completed 3 out of the four boards that I will mount the glass on.  The Series is called "Season of the Poppy".  I had also completed 3 of the poppy drawings on glass a while ago, and decided that I want to draw one more to make it four. Originally I had planned on making six.  Here is a sneak peak of one that is almost complete, just needs to be mounted:

If you notice, the I have a collage of newspaper clippings all about Heroin. I want to bring attention to the epidemic of Heroin addiction and overdose deaths in our country.  My husband asked my why I was creating something so depressing.  My answer was simple, It's not depressing to me, and I have a need to create this.  I'm not sure where this series is going to be homed once completed, but I'm sure it will find an appropriate place.  


On another note, My new business cards arrived last week and my website dritaharris.com is up and running.  My large doodle paintings and my seascapes are on the website, but I haven't posted any of my glass yet. I'll work on that later. I also put prices on the pieces that are on the website, but no paypal button to purchase them, lol! I guess if anyone really wants something, they can just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment