Saturday, January 28, 2017

Ideas

We all know what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea, or poem, or melody of a new song only to go back to sleep and forget what that great idea was when you wake up in the morning. This happened to me twice this past week.  I had what I thought was a great title for my new art piece at about 3am, and figured, "I can remember that"...... which I didn't when the alarm woke me up at 6.   I also had this awesome poem late one night for my "season of the poppy" series, but had to come up with something not as awesome because I couldnt remember the original one.   Anyway, I decided that the sketchbook that my daughter gave me for Christmas is what I will keep on my night stand for middle of the night, ideas, poems, and anything else that might Come to my mind, along with a sharpened pencil and and sharpener close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment