Sunday, November 8, 2015

Art stroll

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and in the low 70's. It was perfect for the Art Stroll.  Last year, I was a participating artist and had fun, but I didn't get to go to all of the other homes to see the     artists worrk. This year I didn't want to participate, I wanted to stroll! I spent a good two hours venturing in and out of artists yards and homes, amazed at all the different types of artwork. Pottery, painting, fabric and glass artists. The first stop on my route was Imogene Lurman's home where I found her sitting in the front yard painting on a porcelin seashell, surrounded by her all her other artwork. She did regognize me from the watercolor class I took from her over the summer, adn we chatted for a bit before I continued on my way. I stopped by Lousie Craig's home where all the of artists from the San Antonio glass art guild were showing and selling their art. It was nice to see people I know and all of their great work. On my way back to my car, I stopped at Imogenes house to find out if she was done with the painting on the shell. Sure enough she was about to take it out of the kiln. She was surprised that I wanted to buy it and she hadn't signed it yet. It required a second firing for her signature, but I told her I would do the second firing.  It's a simple painting, but I love the colors and the seagull.


O

No comments:

Post a Comment