Tuesday, October 20, 2015

New beginning!

Good morning world!

After 19 years of being in the same single story house, I am finally getting used to waking up in my new home.  It's ironic that over the last 19 years my husband had me convinced that not having neighbors behind us was a great thing. I beg to differ. I felt isolated and lonely. Now, I look down from my upstairs window and see into all my surrounding neighbors yards, watching the two little dachshunds running and playing, in another neighbors yard three little dogs are playing while my two dogs are stretched out on the soft grass.  I see kids playing on swings and people working on their gardens! I don't see farmland and cows behind me anymore, and I don't see single story rooftops in front of me anymore.  I always complained about living in the isolation of the suburbs, but it doesn't seem to be this way in this neighborhood.  I have already met several of my neighbors, and already borrowed a can opener. There is a true sense of community here and I hope that I make some friends here.

Now, the one thing that I am going to miss tremendously is having my own art studio. The Kilns and glass are stored away.  I think I will just need to adjust and just work on painting, maybe I'll get better at it. I would like to continue with my daily painting with little quotes and drop them off in different places.


2 comments:

  1. Community is the bedrock of happiness I think. Glad you are finding one there.

    ReplyDelete