Tuesday, July 14, 2015

One step at a time

I mentioned in previous posts how hard summer is for me. The weekends away from my job are the hardest. Not because I love my day job, but it keeps my mind off the misery I feel when I am at home and it's so hot and humid outside.I was considering counseling, but I decided to try and help myself.

After an absolutely miserable, horrible day on Sunday, I went and bought a calendar book. I am a list maker, so I decided to write down what my task or goal would be for the next day. I wrote one thing for Monday, "go to the gym". Per the Seasonal Affective Disorder site, exercise will make a person feel better. I don't remember the last time I went to the gym, but I went and walked fast on the treadmill. I listened to heavy metal and I sweated. My mind did feel a bit better by the time I was done. Last night I wrote two things down on my list for today,  print a picture and write my artist statement. I have been carrying around transparent paper for a couple of weeks without printing anything on it. It's for a project that I have in mind and it needed to be printed on a laser printer. I finally printed it today, so I felt like I accomplished something. I am still working on the artist statement.... For tomorrows list, my calendar has "go to the gym",  I just have to get out of the house and move my body so my mind won't suffer. All I can do is take it one step at a time.




2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good plan! I may follow your lead except instead of go to gym I might put on my list "go to movie."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to the gym is something we all could benefit from...for one reason or another!

    ReplyDelete