Sunday, October 8, 2023

Socrates Sculpture Garden, Astoria Queens NYC

 It has been an entire year sine I blogged! I used to love blogging and reading blogs, I’m not sure what happened. Well I actually do know. I manifested my way into making my job,, my life,  especially when it gets busy. I always would say, If I ‘m bored and not motivated to do anything I might as well be working…… 

Now I want to manifest something better for myself and let you know some interesting things that have happened. 

I just came back last week from a trip to New York. My daughter Ashley and her friend Ndivhuho teamed up, applied, and were 1 of 5 applicants (out of hundreds) that were chosen to create sculptures in the Socrates Sculpture Garden in Astoria, NY! They worked hard all summer and the grand opening was on September 30th!

My husband and I met up with out 2 sons and Ashley’s best friend Natalie and we all went up for the opening! It was such a great event. I was very proud of my daughter and Ndivhuho for creating the beautiful sculptures. My daughter’s boyfriend Drew also stepped in to help them when they needed an extra hand.  Drew’s parent came in from New Jersey for the opening,  so we we finally got to meet them., They were very kind, lovely people. I had easy conversations with his mom, like we were old friends catching up.  I really enjoyed my time with her. 

We were in NY for a week. Some people would ask of we  seen a broadway show, or any of the tourists sites. No, if it’s one thing I learned living in NYC years ago, is that they have the BEST food! We ate our way through the city! I enjoyed every restaurant we went to, and since we stayed in Astoria ( Little Greece) we ate a ton of Greek food! The Greek seafood restaurants are the best in Astoria! Authentic Thai food in Manhattan, NY Pizza for lunch and Bagels every day for breakfast!!!!  By the way the bakery’s are so WONDERFUL!  Also, I can drink the tap water! With all the walking we did, I didn’t care what I ate and enjoyed every morsel! 




























2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I wish I had known about this opening! Big congratulations to your daughter and her friend, who are living their art. My son and his wife live in Astoria. We shall have to go and see your beautiful daughter's beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I would have stayed consistant blogging you would have known, and I could have met you at the Sculpture park in person!!! Wait, I missed so much! your son got married!!! Congratualtions!!!

      Delete