Wednesday, March 13, 2019

From rain to a warm sunny day!

This morning started off with rain and a cool wind.  Now as I look out my office window, the sun is out and it's in the 70's. Too nice to be inside....

This Sunday I'll be turning 50 and of all the birthday's in the past, this one is scaring me a bit. Not the number itself, but my future.  A future of "what do I want to do with my life".  I never thought I would be asking myself that at this age.....  I thought that I would have figured it out by now.   Okay enough of  my self pity party.

I completed the set of 10 4"x4" glass coasters and dropped them off as gifts to all the baristas that work at my favorite coffee shop that I frequent. They have resident cats so I made all of them cat themed. I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Now I am working on my other small project consisting of nine small pieces and each piece will have a specif artwork of its own added to it for the final firing.  This picture shows the arrangement I would like it be but the final firing of these pieces will determine how they are actually put together on the wood.  I ordered a diamond hollow bit to drill a hole into the circles so I can somehow mount them to be able to spin.  not sure if that will work.  In the meantime I am working on the actual designs I want to create on them.

  
    On another note, since I caught up on my work at the office, I went to the San Antonio Public Library website for the list of authors that will be attending the 7th annual book festival on April 6th.

I went through each individual author and looked at their book, and have come up with a list of 19 I would like to see and hear talk about their new books.  5 of the 19 are children's book authors. Even though my kids are grown, there is nothing like a beautifully illustrated and well written children's book! 

Now all I have to do is wait for the calendar to come out and mark the authors accordingly and hope that not many of them cross over times.  There are over 100 authors that will be there!  I look forward to this festival every year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful coasters. I bet the baristas loved them. And as I recall, 50 was my scariest birthday of all, a kind of watershed, but now that I am ten years beyond it, I can see that in fact you are still and young un, and will continue to be for decades yet! Happy birthday, drear Drita. You wear 50 gloriously.

    ReplyDelete