Sunday, March 19, 2017

Kataifi

We are just wrapping up Spring Break. My kids are planning on leaving today to go back to their perspective schools, and I need to get back to my regular routine now. I'm already missing them as they get ready. We had fun this week just being together. On Friday, I took the day off from work and we spent my birthday watching Beauty and the Beast, followed by a Mediterranean dinner. it was nice change from the usual restaurants we go to and we got to try something different. Even though my boys were like "this tastes just like the stew you make", it was great I wasnt the one having to cook on my birthday! Saturday I had a house full of family. My mother in law, two brother in laws and my sister and law came to visit for the first time since we moved to this house. My husband bbq'd lunch and I cooked my corned beef and cabbage for dinner. We all had nice day together. Last noght I decided to make Kataifi, which is a desert exactly like baklava except the filo dough is shredded. I just ran across the shredded dough for the first time since I left New York 25 years ago. My aunt would always make this treat, and I love ied it! It turned out pretty good last night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment