Thursday, August 27, 2015

night out

When I was a kid, most of my Saturdays were spent in a roller rink. I loved roller skating.  I knew that my husband also enjoyed skating when he was a he was a kid, but the last time he was on skates was when we first met and I had bought him a pair of rollerblades.  I think he used them a total of one time. As for myself  I have always owned a pair of skates and occasionally would my kids skating in the park, but over the years my skates have done nothing but collect dust.

Last week my co-worker told me that there was a roller rink that had adult night skating, and it wasn't too far from my house.  Well, I asked my husband if he was willing to go and I got an automatic "no" followed by a "yes".   That's all I needed. When I got home last night I cooked the quickest dinner possible and was ready to go :) I think he was reluctant at first, but when we got there and started skating we had a great time. My hubby was a bit of a show off skating backwards and all :)

It was also nice that the majority of the skaters seemed to be over 40 so we fit right in.




2 comments: