Sunday, August 9, 2015

#2 of 6


I got up early today looking forward to working in my studio. This is the second piece that is still cooling in the kiln. I opened the kiln just long enough to snap a quick picture. I'm not sue how I am feeling about the leaves, but overall I do like the way it turned out.  



On another note, I have been practicing with watercolors in the evenings and over my lunch breaks during the week.  It's a very difficult medium to work with and I have come to the conclusion that I must practice a LOT to try and achieve that natural flow. It seems that I can create beautiful backgrounds and mix the paints to look like water or sky, but when I try to put a specific image on the paper/canvas I have the hardest time. I hope that over time I can learn how to make things flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment