Thursday, August 6, 2015

Blank Canvas

I have been working in my studio, throwing around ideas, and finally decided to create six 7"x9" blank canvas.  I had bought a bunch of colorful powder glass a few months ago and wanted to test them out.  For each piece of glass I used two to three different colors and full fused them into the clear Tekta glass.  When I opened the kiln I was pleasantly surprised how they came out.  In the picture below you can see all the colors applied, but when I lifted them off the kiln shelf the colors were very subtle because they are transparent.  The most vibrant one is the orange and yellow.

Over the years I figured out that it is easier for me, and more pleasant, to design directly on the glass versus drawing something out and then applying that idea to my glass. Don't get me wrong, I am always sketching because I enjoy it, and use sketches for my stained glass, but I rarely use my sketches on my fused glass.

I currently have the green tinted canvas in my small kill cooling off. I created a design on it last night and I will wait till this evening before I open the kiln to see how it turned out.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment