Saturday, March 28, 2015

Successful shows!

Thursday and Friday evening of this this week went GREAT!

My husband and I attended the Inspire Fine Arts gala & show on Thursday evening. It was a great event that supports children's art education.  I was actually surprised when my name was announced and I won runner up in the 3D category for my "Celestial series of Nine"!  My prize was $50 cash and a $50 gift certificate at Herwicks art supplies!  I already know what I want to purchase at Herwick's!  Then I received a surprising call from Inspire yesterday afternoon, letting me know that the Tobin Center wants to display all the winner's artwork for the entire month of April. What a huge honor!
"Celestial series of Nine"

Last night we attended the Say Si for the Small Scale Work for a Lager Cause silent auction.  I love being invited to participate in this show, donating my art for children's art education. I feel it's so important for kids to express themselves through art. I was also pleased to see that even though my art had sold in the pre-sale, that it was still displayed at the silent auction.  One my favorite parts of this show is seeing other artists work, and seeing my artist friends! It's always nice to be in the company of Nicole and Sam!  

I would like to thank Micheal for purchasing "Sunrise"! Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment