Friday, August 22, 2014

New found freedom

My most recent adventure outside of San Antonio consisted of moving my youngest son to one city and then the next day moving my daughter to another city. We moved them into their apartments, took them out to dinner and then left for home. Now they will have to fend for themselves, cooking, cleaning and studying.

The house is quite now, and as I reflect on my life, it's been an amazing journey. It has also been a new and strange week for me. Considering that I had my first child just I turned 18, and then had two more children, my entire adult life revolved around raising them.  This is the first week that I have not had to come home directly from work and cook for more than myself and my husband. It feels strange, but in a good way. I am starting to feel a freedom that I never felt before. I even booked a trip in the middle of a school year!

As much as I miss the kids living at home, my new found freedom is going to be my new life adventure!

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment