Thursday, October 3, 2019

It's been so long.....

Soooo many things have changed!
Let me start off by saying that when I turned 50 back in March, I thought a lot about my life, and the changes that I wanted... I was pretty unhappy.  But all the changes in my life didn't start just with me turning 50. A lot of it had to do with my daughter.

I had the opportunity to go to New England and stay in Providence, RI,  visit Newport, Boston, Salem and Cape Cod!  All this because My daughter applied and got in RISD to go get her Masters in Glass blowing!!!!  WHO would have thought Glass Blowing!!   YES,  I LOVE my glass, and YES, I did push her to take a class at Pilchuck because she was so unhappy in working front of a computer all day.  That one week class changed her life. She said that on the first day she walked into the hot shop, she knew that's where she belonged.  You can't beat that feeling!

On our trip up there to get her settled in, we were lucky enough to be joined by my lovely cousin from NY. My cousin drove upe and brought a bed for my daughter, so she would have something to sleep on in her new apartment!  My cousin is also very adventurous and off we went to all thew different places!!  We loved our girls time together!!!

During my trip I took everything in, thought about my life, and decided I need to change my life.  I took a leap of Faith and quit my job after 18 years. I started a full time career as a REALTOR®!   I also tweaked my personal life just a bit, by working out at the gym a few times a week, meditating more, and having my artwork shown at different places around town. Now, even though it's pretty recent,  I have been meeting new people, I'm going to places that I have never been, (even within the city of San Antonio!)  I am LEARNING a lot of new thing including new software programs and new (to me) technology!   When I made the decision to quit my decent paying, pretty secure job and put myself out there on a limb with commissions only, my gut feeling was peaceful. Yes I was scared, and still am a bit, but I do NOT have the pit in my stomach saying I made the wrong choice.

I am living my life fearlessly! (thank you Anita Moorjani)

Here is my REALTOR® picture !


And here are a few pics from our trip! 

                                          My daughter, me and my cousin

driving into Boston

some interesting folks waiting to cross the street



Art show in Boston

Salem

the wooden model of the The House of Seven Gables

The garden at The House of Seven Gables


The oldest candy shoppe-Salem



Sunflower garden in Providence RI



                                         


2 comments:

  1. Omg this is all so fantastic!!!! RISD! Congrats to your daughter! I’m bursting with pride in her and yet I’ve only met her here. But how brave and wonderful to follow her dream and what a great mom you are helping her discover her path. Congrats also on quitting your safe path and taking life into your own two hands. Freelancing can be scary but you’re also so free! Yes lots of changes indeed. All good ones. You and your daughter are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I told my daughter she is supported all around, even by people she hasn't even met (yet) in person and she thanks you too!

      Delete