Monday, May 11, 2020

A new day

My last post was October, 2019.......  From October until now so much has changed.  When I left my full time job on Friday September 13th, I didn't even take a day off before jumping in full time into real estate.  I was showing homes, holding open houses, writing contracts, learning new computer programs, taking classes, and had to be told to take a day off.... which to me I enjoyed everything so much that I didn't feel like stopping, I was enjoying it, I was having fun meeting new people, looking at all different types of homes and not being behind a cubicle all day.  December came so quickly and I was so busy that my usual routine of sending Christmas cards out to family and friends, was out the window. Christmas shopping didn't happen until the week before Christmas. To top all of that off Christmas eve I still didn't have a gift for my husband, and I didn't know what to get him.  I'm in Best buy with ll the electronic gadgets and couldn't choose when I remembered  he had complained about the vacuum, so I got him a new vacuum for Christmas.  I guess that was a poor choice as a Christmas gift, but he opened the box on Christmas morning, was a bit surprised, and vacuumed that afternoon to test it out.  I felt bad about putting my traditions to the side, and not taking my time for thoughtful gifts,  but I was finally happy doing work that I enjoyed.  I was getting busier as each day passed. I didn't think about creating any art until I had to create my 2020 goal board and they gave us each a large canvas. I was so excited!!! I painted  a bunch of little homes with sold signs on them as I drove by in my little pretend red sports car to my little pretend beach house.

 March came and everything changed. It was already changing around the world and now it was here.  All the people getting sick in and so many dying. NYC shutting down. Who would have ever thought?  I was on the phone with my daughter daily not knowing what the school was going to do.  Then they just shut down abruptly and my daughter was on a flight home 2 days later. It was also 2 days before my 51st birthday. It was bitter sweet that our world was shutting down due to a pandemic. I was thankful that I got to spend my birthday with all my kids and hubby together but I was sad that it was under these conditions.

As everything slowed down, shut down or got cancelled April went by so fast it felt like a blur.
Zoom meetings, masks in the stores and office buildings.  staying at home.   It's been nice that I have my daughter here since my husband and son are deemed essential workers.  I leave only when necessary and mostly work from home.  This week I received an email from Say Si, stating they have decided to do an online auction for their school and invited artists to donate their work.  I was so excited!  I responded immediately and got to work. I named this piece A New Day.  It will go up for auction in June and I will make an effort to share on my blog.

9"x9" fused glass with painted background in shadow box

 I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.



1 comment:

  1. I love your art piece, and its sentiment. Nice to see you, and to think of you being able to spend time with your beautiful daughter. May you all stay safe. Love.

    ReplyDelete