Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Reinventing and creating

I have been creating things, changing things, and just thinking about the next tthing I'm going to do.

Last month I saw a side table for sale on a local site for $20. So I bought it. I knew from the moment I saw it I was going to re-paint it.
I painted it white and blue because that was the paint I had from the bookshelves, and I really like thise colors.


M

After I finished painting it I had to add some artwork.....

I designed some birds taking inspiration from a book on ancient glass. 

D
This was the drawing with glass powder on clear glass 17"x17"

Then I had to add color.... Glass powders

I full fused it to 1465 degrees and this is what it currently looks like...

I am going to add some more glass accents and refire it.  Let's see how that turns out. 

Meanwhile I also bought a chair for $5 from the coffee shop I frequent and brought it home and changed its color from black to gum drop...






And finally tonight I put 10 fused glass cat coasters up 
for sale on "Nextdoor" and on Facebook for $15. Each and all the proceeds will be donated to the Humane Society of Live Oak




2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! Beautiful pieces, all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am redoing the table top. Im not happy with it at all.

      Delete