Friday, May 6, 2016

busy bee!

Last weekend I laid out my plans for the "loopy" painting. I started with my wood, canvas and drawing.  I decided that I was going to make one panel rectangular with "floating" triangles of different sizes on either side. So on Saturday I went and purchased six 1" x 2" x 8' pieces of wood to cut into triangles. Well, my table saw only cuts up to 45 degree angels which means I had to think about this for a few minutes after I made a few cuts and they were all turning into square frames.  When I pushed one of the boards up from another board, walla!  go a 90 degree angle!  Now I'm not one to measure so everything was done by eyeballing cuts and I got the results I wanted, 6 triangle frames of different sizes.  
my first Triangle frame
with reinforcement

On Monday I ended up at Home depot on a late lunch break buying some sample paint colors for the canvas, oh yeah I forgot to mention that my canvas is actually a bit bigger than I first thought I was going to make, Anyway, as I turned around to leave, behind me in line was Michael, a young man that my daughter grew up with in the dance studio for many years. I hadn't seen him for about five years and he has turned into a very handsome young man. He is a professional ballet dancer and a wonderful young man. My daughter and I are planning to see him perform with the Joffrey Ballet this summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment