Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday = Studio time!!!

My monster kiln arrived recently, a Skutt GM-1414. I love my new kiln, but it  is really HUGE for my studio.  I couldn't stand being in there for too long, it felt so overwhelmingly cluttered, so I spent the day rearranging, cleaning, and getting rid of unwanted items. Particularly, about 75 pounds worth of scrap stained glass. I love social media, one artists scrap glass turns into another artists beautiful mosaics!

With all this cleaning and rearranging, I now have a dedicated area for painting/drawing/glass etching, a cold working area, my light table for color choices,  and my desk to write and think.  I also designed the back splash for the cold working area!    It's been a very productive day!




                                          back splash design
                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment