Saturday, September 21, 2013

is it summer?

This morning I woke up to a refreshing breeze.... it actually feels like the first day of summer to me! I turned off the air conditioner, opened the windows and let some fresh air come in house and the studio. Why can't Texas be like this June  through August????  Summer months here are oppressive as hell. I miss New York summers :(

Anyway, enough of my rant.  I was actually productive today and worked on some fun stuff for Halloween. I'll be getting my space at Homestead Handcrafts ready for the fall season this weekend. It seems I'm a month behind from the rest of the vendors, but I don't like when stores (or vendors) put seasonal items out too early, it takes away from the excitement of the holiday.  Really, who wants Halloween in August??? or Christmas in September??? I don't.

Since my kiln is already on, and I didn't take pic of what I'm cookin', I'll just post a picture of how the weather feels like to me today! Pure stick my toes in the sand summer!!!! no humidity and it's not 100! along with a refreshing breeze! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment