Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A little bird singing outside my window woke me up this morning. What pleasant way to wake up on my 44th birthday!

Yesterday I drove my daughter back to UT Austin after spending spring break week at home. I always enjoy spending time with her and I think she just needed to relax and catch up on her sleep. We had a great week together!

Since I was going to Austin, I decided to check out Helios Glass.   They had open studio yesterday from 4pm-9pm and I thought it would be nice to hang around some creative minds. I've have got to say the owners are the friendliest people!!! They taught me a few simple things that will make my life much easier working my glass, and I thank them very much!  The other artists attending the open studio had BEAUTIFUL glass work that they were working on. I myself, bought a few pieces of glass and spent a couple of hours playing!  I had a fun evening there and look forward to going back! If your ever in Austin, I highly recommend a visit there!

Wishing everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for spending your afternoon with us. Have an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Mine was this week too...

    ReplyDelete