Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Studio in the works

             I thought by now I would have a fully functioning studio. Well, it's going to take a while since I don't want to work in a box. I need natural light, which in turn means, I need windows to be created and installed. In addition to the "natural light" expense, I still need to get the electrician to wire the studio, so I can use my tools.  I have waited more than a decade to get my own space to work in and it seems that it requires some extra time and whole lot more money than I originally thought.  I hope this "project" can be completed by summer so I can can start working.

             On another note, I found out yesterday that after this semester I will need four more classes to graduate with an associates degree in fine arts with a concentration of drawing and painting.  The funny thing is, they won't let me continue with drawing and painting classes, my requirement is design, go figure. Maybe I'll be able to apply the design classes to my glass work. I know that I really don't need a degree to be an artist, but the accomplishment of completing a degree will  bring me satisfaction.  Hopefully, in the future, I'll be able to take this piece of paper and continue on to something bigger and better.

These are the colors that I have chosen to go on the walls (pale yellow) and ceiling (pale blue). I have also picked a pale green to go in the trimming and some of the work tables.  I want to feel as if I'm outside.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment