Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My package arrived!

I came home from work today to find my package waiting for me!
I opened the box and there were my glass pieces from the class on Saturday (including my sweater that I forgot :).  Thank you Morgan!

My new paperweight reminds me of the rain forest.  I used lime green powder frit and purple powder frit.
The color reaction is beautiful!
  
Purple powder frit was used to create the ornament, and with the help of Sinnae and her artistic talent, she put a "hook" on the ornament so I can proudly hang in it the window!

The last item that we created was a cup, I used course turquoise frit. The cup stands about 3" high and 2" in diameter.  This one was the most challenging and reminded me of the "torchwork for fusers" class on a much larger scale.
Working with glass is a passion of mine that is also addictive therefore, I want to go back to Glass Blowing Austin to create more!  But for now I need to concentrate on my fused flower series and get my pendants going.  If all goes well I will have a couple of new designs of pendants on my blog in the next couple weeks:).

1 comment: