Thursday, May 11, 2017

Preparing for Piyo

It's a dangerous thing to be up late night watching infomercials. It was about midnight and Piyo came on, which I had never heard of before, so I decided to watch it it for a while. Wow, low impact, no extra weights used, use your own body weight to build strength and tone up. Combination of Pilates and yoga, and it was a seven day a week DVD set, Wow! yeah, I'm in!!. Okay, so I buy it, within that 20 minute "buy it now" window so you get a special deal. Not even sure what the "special" deal was..... So now I am currently waiting for it to be delivered, only one problem, I needed to buy a dvd player.... I ended up at Walmart during my lunch break yesterday and picked up a cheap $30 Sony dvd player, took it home and my husband was like "there's no HDMI cable". I'm like "so what, just hook it up!" Yeah, it's not going to work with the 12 inch multi color wires that came in the box unless I want it mounted on the wall next to the TV so the wire can reach....... I guess since my understanding of cable wires and the technology behind them is pretty much none, he is taking it back to get the "right" DVD player, which is probably going to cost twice as much as I wanted to pay for it. I am looking forward to this exercise program to arrive, but I have read from other people that have used this program that the first two days of workout are good and pretty easy, then 3rd day kicks your butt... Let's see how that works for me, going from completely sedentary to this workout. I know that I need to move my body, I don't want to get sick. My mother, father, brother and sister developed diabetes by the time they were in their early fifties and since I am edging up there I would like to do some preventative care.
That will be me, with the chair, doing the alternative moves....

No comments:

Post a Comment