Sunday, June 23, 2013

My art space

I wish I took a picture of it today!

My daughter and I went to Homestead Handcrafts today, where I rent a small space to sell my art. We decorated the walls, added some more glass art, and moved things around. The space is looking very cute!  

If your in the San Antonio area, I hope you stop by and visit my little space,  I'm vendor 1769 and I'm at the Thousand Oaks location.  There are many arts, crafts, vintage and antique vendors in the store that there is something new everyday.  Is a great place to buy gifts for yourself or someone else!

 Theme of wall paper in my space:

Last week I needed some solitude, to my let mind free from anything around me, so I finished my painting.  It's a representation of a photograph taken by a very talented photographer, Michael Schor. I am blessed that when I asked to paint one of his photos, he allowed me too.  Michael lives in Rockaway Beach, a place  where I spent my childhood summers, eventually living there year around as a young adult.

The ocean is a spiritual place for me that brings me serenity.  Living in San Antonio for the past 20 years, and being far from the coast, I find that peaceful feeling by painting the ocean.

       
                                          40"x30" acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment