Sunday, October 21, 2012

2nd month into the Fall semester

I started the fall with a couple of classes at the local community college, painting 1 and art appreciation.

Learning to use a paintbrush versus glass cutting tools has proven to be a bit more of a challenge than I expected.  Yes, if I don't like something on my painting I can always cover it up with more paint., but lights and shadows were never an issue in glass.  To look at ordinary objects and create a picture of the lines, colors, and shadows to represent the objects  proves to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.

So from the beginning of the semester, every painting I've brought home, I've rolled up and stuck in the corner of my room.  Today I decided that I'm taking this class as a learning process, so in the long run I hope to apply some of the techniques I'm learning onto glass. (somehow)

This evening I decided to unroll my paintings and show the world (or at least my peeps that look at my blog;)  Yes, I will roll them back up and stick them back in the corner, but I feel productive and am learning something new.
At least the art appreciation class is teaching me how to look at a painting and appreciate art.

No comments:

Post a Comment