Sunday, September 23, 2012

the season of Fall

I'm really enjoying the "cooler" weather if one can call it that.  At least it's not in the triple digits anymore, so I'm happy! The last few weeks have been pretty interesting for me as I try to learn how to paint with acrylics, and learn how to appreciate art.

I'm not that great at painting and I really don't see myself as a painter, but it is fun!  The art appreciation class has opened my eyes to the way I actually look at art, and since I always thought of myself as a glass "Artist", this really comes in handy. Even though I have taken workshops, over the years I've tried to become  my own "original" type of artist. With this class, I came to realize I have no real clue about art, which put me at a great disadvantage.  My pursue in these classes is more beneficial than I ever thought they could be.  I look forward to Fall turning into Winter as my mind absorbs all that I'm learning.

On another note, I haven't put away my glass, my kiln is getting hot right now as the new palette for a fellow student is currently fully fusing in there. This time it's a Longhorn (per her request of course:)   A few years back I purchased a Bullseye stricker glass that has a hue of a dark yellow, which is supposed to tun into a deep orange....I hope it turns out that way.

I am also working on my stained glass window that I had hoped to finish by the end of last July, but hoping doesn't work by itself.... No deadlines for myself, just working on it one weekend and one piece at a time.

Happy Fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment