Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Busy Month of May

Wow!  May is almost over with and it feels like a blur.  With end of the school year activities, receptions and award ceremony's May seems to be the busiest month of the year so far!

As I was driving around dropping kids off here and there and attending some of the evening functions, I really lost track of time.  All my projects were on hold, until this past weekend when I was dropping off my Son on Saturday for his TKD black-belt testing.  I passed by a yard sale and since my son was early to help set up I decided to go back around the corner and browse.  I spotted a scratched up, neglected coffee table that was solid wood.  I couldn't pass it up as the "re-finisher" in me came out and I purchased it for a whopping $5.00! I came home that evening and started to sand it and it really was a diamond in the rough.  I spent Sunday working on it and plan on finishing this weekend.  I would post pics but I would like to actually post them all at one time, from beginning to the finished product. Oh yeah, did I mention that it was stamped underneath "MADE IN U.S.A."? Well that little tid-bit made meal feel proud that I salvaged this piece and bringing it back to it's old glory:)

I'm also working on my stained glass window that was neglected for the entire month of May. I went out last night and purchased the most beautiful yellow sheet of glass for two of the birds. Drew out some more of my patterns on several pieces of glass to cut, and my goal is to have the window finished in July.

On another note, since I will only have one child at home, I decided to go back and finish out my degree. I only have a few classes left to complete it.  It won't be a "life changer" (as of yet), since I'm pursing my Associates Degree in Fine Arts at this time.  Eventually I hope to pursue my bachelors degree in Art with an emphasis in glass blowing. Maybe at UT Arlington???

till next...... :)

 








 


No comments:

Post a Comment