Sunday, June 12, 2022

Art Studio: work started in October 2021 and it's finally ready!

When I moved to my new home in 2015 I lost my studio space which was was built a couple of years before we moved. It was half of the garage that was converted with air conditioning. My husband, brother-in-law and my brother all helped build it. My daughter had painted kites and clouds on the ceiling. It was a special studio and I missed it.   

In the fall of 2021 my husband convinced me to take a ride to look at sheds on the side of the highway going to Seguin. Most of the sheds out there were in neutral colors or barn red.  There was one I liked (160 sq ft) but I wanted to think about it. As I was leaving I asked the guy, does it only come in Red? he said No you can pick any color on our color chart.  I stopped dead in my tracks, and went back in to his office to see all the colors!  I don't live in an HOA so I was free to pick what I whatever wanted.   Bora Bora Blue with a white trim and white metal roof, SOLD! ( I love the beach and wonder more often than not, why I am living so far from it).

6 weeks later, the contractors arrived, built it on site, and painted in all in one day.  It took another 6-7 months to get everything else together, electrical wiring, insulation, sheetrock, The final installation was the electric panel and a spilt AC unit.  My studio was finally complete on Memorial weekend.  I had a setback with a freon leak in the AC unit, and that was repaired this week so I finally got to use my studio!  (It's been in the 100''s here, so no way to use without AC)

I am currently creating 3 stained glass panels for the upper portion of the windows. I also did a short walk through video: https://youtu.be/D7NOYYMJcbA  

Finished Building



I added exterior decorations and made a mosaic window planter.

Sheetrock going in


I installed the floors



My youngest don and hubby putting together my Ikea cabinet


Organizing my work area


Kilns



Installed stained glass and painted interior of doors



My best friend sent me this beach wind chime!


I installed the backsplash myself!


painted the chair for my guests!





This one is ready to be foiled!






3 comments:

  1. You have been busy! That is a beautiful, beautiful art studio! I particularly love the stained glass on the doors, and the art you're making inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Now that it's done, I'm hoping I can take some time to create some art!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete