Friday, June 8, 2018

June

June in Texas is HOT! I have been  enjoying the evening heat by spending some time in the pool after work.  The water is warm so when I step out, the hot breeze actually feels slightly cool as the sun sets.  Yesterday, I was recovering from an emotional setback that I had created myself and a friend who is also my mentor guided me step by step on how to overcome my mistake. I followed her direction, corrected myself, and the emotional weight was lifted.
And then.....
I woke up this morning to the news about Anthony Bourdain and cried.  I loved his personality as I watched him on his shows while he traveled the world eating the food in all the different countries and cultures of the world.  I admired him, he made me want to go explore the world too.  I am sorry to see him leave this earth, and especially feel sad for his young daughter.  May his soul rest in peace.






4 comments:

  1. Yes, I felt so sad on hearing this news, too. Something about him. His unapologetic openness to the world maybe. He is a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreaking for all who loved him. I cannot understand the pain he must of had to live with but it must of been suffocating and dark. How I wish, with all our technical advances, there was more help for the mentally ill.

    And to think, with all the resources available to him, he still couldn’t do it. And we wonder why we have so many homeless. All the mentally ill with no resources at all.

    I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. depression feels so common, and it's hard to know what another person is thinking of feeling.

      Delete