Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's that time of year again!


           It's time for the Say Si silent auction SSWLC! Say Si is a wonderful non-profit, year around, long term, tuition free, arts program for middle school and high school students in San Antonio! What a great organization to support! This is the 3rd year that I have been invited to participate and donate a piece of art to Say Si and I look forward to this invitation every year!

I don't just donate a piece of art that I have created over the past year, I sit down and think about what I want to create and present to them. There are over 250 artists that participate in this event so I feel honored for my work to be placed side by side with all the other beautiful artwork (and sold at auction!).

This year I decided to create a framed piece of glass art "Little Bird". The artwork is a fused glass silhouette of a bird and the  frame backing is painted with acrylics.

If you want information to attend the silent auction, look at the artwork donated, please go directly to the Say Si website.

The day for the actual silent auction is Friday, March 21st.

Here's a picture I took tonight of the finished piece (of course Jake just had to be in the pic!)

                                                              Little Bird 7" x 9"








No comments:

Post a Comment