Tuesday, April 11, 2017

This and that

I started working on my painting tonight. It's been a long while since I worked on it. I started the painting at the end of February and didn't touch it at all through the month of March as I was preparing for the art show creating smaller glass art. Tha painting is very colorful and the song that pops in my head while I work on it is the theme song from "Happy Days" which makes me smile as I hum the song and paint. I can't wait to finish it and see it on the wall! This past weekend was the 5th annual festival of books with over a hundred authors speaking about the books they recently published. The schedule was jam packed throughout the day. I looked forward to this event every year, and this is my the third year attending. I prepared my list the day the calendar came out and I had my schedule of authors ready that I wanted to go see. I didnt have anyone listed from 10-11am so I walked around the festival and had such a great time just looking at all the wonderful books all these authors had published! I ended up buying a few books and left just a bit early and skipped the last two authors I wanted to see. I ended up going to an antique/classic book store not too far frokm the library and picked up a couple of Charles Dickens books, "The Pickwick papers" and "The old curiosty shop". Lets see if I can Get myself to read them now. overall it was a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment