Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Colors

Last night I came home, cooked a quick dinner and had to overcome the whole fused glass staple incident by heading upstairs to the loft to an abstract I started at the beginning  of the month. It's a continuation of my music abstracts. San Antonio is known for Fiesta in April and when I hear the Flaminco music and the mariachis playing I see the colorful rhythm of Fiesta. Between last night and tonight I'm almost finished adding all the colors. It feels good to let my mind get lost in the painting.
 L


On another note, the book I ordered last week arrived today, " When breath becomes air" by Paul Kalanithi. It's about a medical student on his way to becoming a neurosurgeon when he becomes ill with terminal cancer. When I read an excerpt online, I knew I had to read the book.

 Another book on my list to read is a book my youngest son bought me for Christmas "behind the beautiful forevers" by Katherine Boo. The story takes place in Annawadi, which is a makeshift settlement in Mumbai.  This book has won quite a few awards and is on the New York best seller list.

I'm looking forward to reading both of them and can't decide which one to read first.



No comments:

Post a Comment